What’s New in Pointscene? (previous releases)
RELEASE NOTES 10.12.2019
Pointscene Next now supports compilation WMTS / TMS / XYZ links. In other words Pointscene Next provides a site level access to all ortho photos via just one link.
This one link contains:
- Individual layers separately: Each ortho photo as its own layer, select by layer name
- Compilation layer: All site ortho photos shown as a joint layer, with the newest as topmost layer
- Composite layer: Same as compilation layer, but each ortho photo has a colour and date to separate when the photos where taken
How to access link?
- Go to Sites, select your site
- Open Options and select Publish data
- Choose Request Activation if not already activated
- Turn Site level access on and off from the switch
- Choose WMTS, TMS or XYZ
- WMTS has all individual and compilation layers as options to choose from
- TMS and XYZ are only links to the compilation layers. Use the old publish links for individual usage.
- Copy-paste to another software
- Any updates will be automatically updated to our choice of software without any actions. Sometimes cache settings might prevent some layers to be unseen. Clear cache if necessary or add the link again to reset settings.
- Access all your data at once!
- Improved experience e.g. in Infrakit with all areas seen at once!
The access link is done to all orthophotos in your site and will be seen the same way as in Pointscene Next interface: the newest layer as the topmost layer.
Infrakit view of the composite layer.
Add XYZ link in project settings –> Layers and the data is used via base map selection.
QGIS uses WMTS links and after adding the connection, you can drag and drop the desired layers, compilation or individual ones.
Adding WMTS to ArcGIS Online. Add the same link again (Add layer from web) to have multiple different layers in one map.
RELEASE NOTES, 22.11.2019
Pointscene Next now supports jp2, jpg and png (+ world files) rasters. Add raster from Upload raster.
Infrakit has released their 3.6.0 version, that brings many new features working together with Pointscene!
Infrakit release includes:
- Added Pointscene point clouds integration (3D visualization) (only in web mercator projection!)
- Added an user interface to manage point clouds (3D visualization)
- Added an user interface to manage basemaps using XYZ-links from Pointscene
How to link Pointscene and Infrakit:
1. Go to Pointscene – Sites and from the right right panel click Publish data
2. For ortho map (2D) Click Share on/off and then choose XYZ and then copy the link (crtl+C, or right click + Copy)
3. For point clouds Click Share on/off and then copy the link (crtl+C, or right click + Copy)
Infrakit supports only web mercator projection (epsg: 3857) for point clouds! Please upload a new point cloud in the correct projection, or contact email@example.com to have the conversion done for your data by Pointscene.
4. For ortho maps open project settings and layers and then add name and XYZ-link to the provided box.
5. Now the basemap is added to the project and everyone can us it from the basemap selection tab in the Map-view.
6. For the point clouds open the new 3D visualization tab and then the click on the globe-icon on the left tab.
7. Click on Add point cloud, provide a name and copy the point cloud link and click Save.
8. Now you can select the point cloud to be visualized by using the blue arrow.
RELEASE NOTES, 20.8.2019
- A Ortho view is generated for all point clouds uploaded
- Editors can change the layer name and delete the layer from map view (will be stored in backup database)
3. You can turn Notes on and off on the map site view
4. Add external layers replaces previous Layers and is for WMS layers and legacy point cloud layers.
Only change is the name of the option in the right Options-pane.
5. Publish data replaces WMTS publishing previously found in Layers selection in Options-pane
The interface of the Publish data is new. You can easily copy-paste the link and share to users. Note that the links are now longer, as we updated the API authentication to be more secure.