How to add WMS / WMTS to Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D (2018-2021)
Here is how you can add any orthophoto as a WMS to AutoCAD / Autodesk Map 3D or Autodesk / AutoCAD Civil 3D.
If you have the orthophoto as a file (.tif, .jpg, .png) first you need to convert it to a WMS service. You can do this easily with Pointscene Web (project license). Go to “Upload raster” instructions to get started and come back here, once it is done.
- Open your Site
- Go to Publish & manage data
- Copy a share link or create a new group share link by selected wanted layers
- Select WMTS or WMS link. Note that a new WMS link will take up to 15 min to update, so we recommend WMTS.
- Open Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D or Map 3D
- Open Data Connections
- Selected Add WMS Connection
- If it asks for credentials, just click Log in without any user name or password
- Provide the link and select the layers you need