Volume tool can be used to calculate cut and fill values using DSM rasters and LandXML surfaces.
To use the Volume Tool, please upload a surface model raster (.tiff) as a DSM or DTM and/or a LandXML surface.
Calculate Volume (Cut / Fill)
- Open a site and zoom into an area of interest and you can turn on the Surface layers for more guidance
2. Click on Measure and Volume
The tool will select the newest DSM or the topmost layer for calculations by default
3. Mark the base of a pile by clicking each corner point. Close the area by clicking the first node.
3. The volume is calculated automatically when you click on the first node.
You can change the surface for the calculated area by clicking the pen. You can select a second layer or give a height value and recalculate the volume.
4. You can do multiple measurements at once and combine them with profile, length and area.
5. You can copy the results as text by clicking the copy button.
More information about how the volume calculations work can be found in this article: How the volumes are calculated