Norwegian construction and civil engineering company Veidekke build a new section of the E6 Norway, the main North-South route throughout Norway and the West Coast of Sweden.
Overall, the E6 Arnkvern-Moelv project is a successful example of how digital tools can be used to improve project outcomes. The project demonstrates the importance of collaboration and real-time monitoring in achieving efficiency and cost savings.
- Size/length: 24 km
- Budget: €250M (completed 20 % under budget)
- Duration: 3 years (completed 8 months before scheduled)
The project aimed to improve traffic flow and safety by widening the road, building new bridges, and improving interchanges.
As the main software in use was Infrakit, Veidekke had a need to have fast and high-resolution access to drone data in Infrakit.
Pointscene Web including our automated ortho compilation links. The WMS links are shared into Infrakit & Gemini Terrain.
- Drone flights monthly that cover the whole project
- Upload data to Pointscene
- Automatically push data to BIM/design software like Gemini Terrain, Infrakit and use as dynamic base maps